Sunday, December 8, 2013

THE BIG REVEAL!

We moved into our house on Monday morning, and we just love it!  When we arrived on Monday morning, the owner of the house was here to greet us, and we were glad to meet him.  He is using the property management company to lease out the house, but he wanted to meet us and show us around and teach us a few things about the house.  Very nice guy; they live nearby.  He gave us a tour, showed us how to work everything from central heating to the dishwasher and the AGA.  I think I'll have to do an entire post on the AGA, one of my favorite things about this house.  (Wasn't sure about it going in, but we love it!)  The movers didn't show up until 11, but that gave Russell a while to head back to the hotel to go get the second carload of our belongings.  The kids made quick work of getting into their new backyard and spent the entire moving day out there!  They are in heaven!  The movers were quick, and we were surprised how few things were broken/damaged, considering how terrible the movers in GA were.  After having lived in a hotel for a month, Russell and I were beyond motivated to get the boxes unpacked and get organized.  We unpacked and had the house done in 1.5 days.  We were beat by the end of the second day, but it was great living back in our "home" again.  The style of the house is a lot like our previous house, so our decor and furniture fits quite well!!!  Here is where I'll start the tour!  When you walk in the front door, you enter into a kitchen/dining room, it's a great big room that I just love!  Our Christmas tree meets you upon entrance!


 Here is our awesome kitchen... I have loved having a kitchen again, and have loved cooking in it!


 If you turn to face back toward the front door, you see the table and window that look out front.  I have to do something with that bare wall, just haven't decided what yet.



 I did, however, bring a little holiday spirit to the window.  I made the tissue tassel garland.  Not doing that again.  At least it looks good...


 Off the kitchen, to the left is the living room.  We haven't used the fire yet, but will definitely do so soon.


Russell enjoying his new home...


Waiting on a canvas family portrait to go in that bare spot...


 The view out to the front of the house from the living room.


 I took this before our furniture was in, but it's one of my favorite features of the house...


 Going back through the kitchen, there is a hallway/third small bathroom and the door to the playroom office.


To the right, is the playroom, office, etc.



Then you head toward the back of the house where the utility room is (washer, dryer, fridge.)


And the stairs to all of the bedrooms...

The first room you come to at the top is Jack's room.  I kept the Vintage Western theme we had in his room in GA, and just have a few more things to hang on the wall.  Had some trouble locating command strips (so as to not put 100 more holes in the wall.)



To the left of his room, is the guest bathroom.  It's huge, with a tub and shower as well as a heated towel rack.  Love it!




On the other side of Jack's room is Scout's room.  Her decor is mostly the same, but no more crib.  I was not ready to change up her decor, as I had made all of it when I was pregnant with her.  (That was the last time I have had time to sew!)  She got a new bed to go with her other furniture.  The only thing missing is her name on the wall and her curtains (they were out of the white curtain poles.)



At the end of the hallway upstairs is our master suite.  We have a pretty decent sized room, with a nice ensuite.  Our box spring would not fit up the stairs, however.  So, Russell went to the hardware store, bought lumber, and made us slats so we would just have a platform bed instead.  It's so nice that he's so handy and can build anything!!!!



Our ensuite also has a shower and tub, very nice!



Aaaaaannnnnnddddd.... here is the extra bedroom.  Or, as I like to call it, my closet.  Russell thought I was crazy.  I need a brighter lightbulb in there, the window is blocked hahahah.


So, there you have it!  We have settled in well, and the kids are feeling right at home.  I'll post more pics of the yard, etc soon!

cheers xo

No comments:

Post a Comment