Obviously, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. But, we did. Luckily, our friends invited us over (we were only a few days away from moving into our house.) The kitchen at the hotel was enough that I could at least contribute and bring a few things. I did some of my faves... green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and stuffing. Natalie made a turkey and lots of delicious sides, and we had lots of yummy food! She and I pulled out the turkey, not realizing it wasn't done yet and let it cool. Well, it had to go back in. Don't worry, that gave us extra time to make the mulled cider she had told me about (and drink a few glasses of it!) We had a fantastic dinner, her turkey was awesome! The kids were mostly about the rolls, and Scout loved the sweet potatoes. I'm so over Jack being this picky, feeding this kid is not an easy task...
I somehow didn't take any photos on Thanksgiving, and I really meant to. It was Scout's first Turkey Day with her daddy, as Russell was deployed last year. I can't wait to be a whole family for Christmas this year. I was lucky enough to be home with our family last year when he was gone, but I know he will be glad to be with his littles on Christmas morning. We have put the tree up, but I haven't dressed it; I need more lights first. Jack and I have been using his cute advent calendar and he has only reminded me 18,542 times a day what he wants to tell Santa he wants for Christmas. He told me the other day, "We haven't seen Santa yet, so can you just have dad call him?" That guy.
I still need to post about the awesome trip to Bath and Stonehenge last weekend, and I plan on it now that we have internet in our home. Also, obviously, about the move! We love the house, and there is lots to tell and there are lots of photos to show. It will all be up in a day or two!
Cheers xo
No comments:
Post a Comment