I have some friends from Colorado that live in Paris. The ones we went to see last month. When I knew we were moving here, I was searching upcoming concerts and saw that Maroon 5 was coming to a town near us. I looooove Maroon 5. I asked Lindsey if she would want to come over and go. She and Justin both wanted to go, so I got tickets through my brother.
They came in on Tuesday, and we made a great dinner and drank wine and hung out. The kids love Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Justin and have a blast with them. Wednesday, we relaxed in the morning (yes, I do a lot of relaxing... the pace of life here and I are getting along quite well.) I took them in the afternoon to Fotheringhay Church, Warmington Chapel, and to the commissary. They had never been to a military base and wanted to see it. They haven't really been back to the US in a few years, so they were in heaven at the grocery store. They wanted Claussen pickles, beef jerky, and a few other items that they can't find in France. Justin was dying for an American hot dog. Mission accomplished.
That night was the concert. Russell ended up staying home with the kids, Scout was still not feeling well (she was super cranky) and we didn't feel that it would be good for someone else to watch her. We drove to Birmingham, about 55 miles from here. The venue was the LG Arena, and it's a super fancy place. We had no idea. The concession stands range from hot dogs to chicken tikka. They serve beer, wine and cocktails as well as a selection of coffee drinks. I've definitely never been to a concert venue this nice. (I mean, nothing will compare to Red Rocks. Ever. But, this place is just fancy.)
The show was awesome. Robin Thicke opened up. We got there just in time to hear one of his ballads (boring,) then he did his one song. Sans Miley. Thank goodness. It was entertaining.
Here we are at the show! I love me some time with the Kents!
Maroon 5 rocked. Definitely a great show. So many times I have been to a concert after wanting to see the band/artist for years and it's just disappointing. This was not the case here. Adam and friends put on one hell of a show. Our seats were great!!!
The following day, we toured around the area a little more, and went for lunch at Dobbies. Then, the Kents had to get back to Paris.
This means that my nearly three weeks of visitors is over. Sad face. I loved having all the extra company! It might be a few months until we get some more visitors, probably mid-April.
Tomorrow, I am headed to a nearby town called Higham Ferrers to go see an old friend from college. We lived in the dorms together over 15 years ago, and I never would have imagined I would ever live in England, much less this close to her. Looking forward to catching up with Hannah!
As far as travels go, the next trip we have planned is Rome in Feb. We are looking forward to visiting what I call the "motherland," I am a Luciano, after all! It's always been on my bucket list, can't believe I finally get to go!
Until next time,
xo


No comments:
Post a Comment