
The kids were ready to rock!

The trip went very well!!!! Our first flight to Charlotte was easy! We had a three hour layover, then it was time to go!

We hopped on, took off, and were eating dinner (served with a big glass of wine!) within a few minutes! The flight was full, and we were in the bulkhead! Scout and I had extra leg room, but a non-movable arm rest. She had quite a hard time falling asleep, but we finally got her down after about 3 hours of her wanting to party! After that, a nice lady helped make a bed for her on the floor at my feet. Jack slept about 4 hours across Russell's lap. Neither Russell nor I slept. The seats are awful!!!! I could not feel my butt for an entire day haha!!! Anyway, I got lots of compliments upon arrival as to how well my children did on the flight and how well-behaved they were. Whew!!! Upon arrival, we were totally confused! Nobody could tell us where to pick up our push chair (stroller), so it took a long time to figure that out! After gathering all of our bags, and getting £ out of the ATM, we found our courier, holding his sign that said 'Hiett'! Nick was very nice, helped with bags, and loaded us up. Thank god he's a talker, as he had so much useful information that he provided on our drive. After about an hour, we had arrived at RAF Alconbury, the base where our hotel is. He and Russell checked us in, and we got lucky! We got a house instead of a hotel room! Two bedrooms, big kitchen, laundry, etc!!
I decided, at this point, that I would stay up until bedtime in a England to try and reset my clock. It was only 11 am. I let Scout take a 2 hour nap (Russell did the same) and Jack stayed up with me. Scout did not want to wake up after that! She was angry for an hour! She hid under the covers, standing up, screaming at me!

Jack tried really hard to stay up, but fell over like this at 5.

We let him sleep 30 min, then got him up. I was miserable by 6. I powered through, and at 815, we all went to bed. I woke up exactly 12 hours later, in the EXACT same position and location I had fallen asleep in!
More to come, that's all about the first 24ish hours!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment