So, I had a long post written earlier. And I didn't save it. So, now it will be short. Yesterday, the packer packed our stuff. Today, the truck came with the wooden crates to load it all. And they showed up 3 1/2 hours late. And took up my whole day. It's actually 6pm and they aren't done. The one guy keeps taking smoke breaks. Don't mind that he clearly has emphysema and is wearing a nicotine patch. They ran out of room in the crates for my stuff. Then, he's telling me that the warehouse is closed... because it's Friday, at 6pm. Then I remind him that they were VERY late. So, he tells me that all of my stuff that isn't crated can go on the truck just loose and then it will get crated Monday. Here's where I lost it. Don't mind that I'm hungry, tired, and over it. The uncrated items are my BRAND NEW couch, Jack's Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair, all of my Christmas boxes, and Jack's outdoor play set. Ummmmmmmm, no. You will get another crate. "Well, are you going to be here all day Monday?" No, I actually do have a life, thank you.
So, they finally got a hold of some guy and another crate will be here in 45 minutes. I sent Russell to bring me wine. A whole bottle.
Here is a pic of our stuff...
Figured I had time to kill while waiting for the crate. And my wine. This post was totally different than when it started this morning. Such is our adventure!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment